Week 4 – Light Your Faith
Are you ready for Christmas? Here we are; we’ve almost made it through an entire year. . .again. I love this last week before Christmas. Generally, I try to have most of my shopping and planning finished. There is usually one more trip to the grocery store, but for the most part, it’s time for me to enjoy family, Christmas music, and do some holiday cooking.
This past week was one of my favorite as we participated in Lighting our Family. We served, loved and laughed together this week. With Christmas coming, I’m sure that will continue into this week as you (and I) will Light Your (My) Faith.
Let’s serve as He served. Love as He loved. Give as He gave.
Would you like access to our Light the World
Click here for access to all our 2018 printables for some Christmas inspiration!
During the past few weeks, I have shared some ideas for Lighting the World, Your Community, and Your Family. This week, I’m going to do something just a bit different. Instead of sharing ideas,
I’m going to give a challenge!
During this week as you try to Light Your Faith, I would like to share 5 things that have helped me to light my own faith over the past couple of years.
Light Your Faith – Monday, Dec. 24th
- Prayer – Pray at least once everyday. Do it in the morning to start your day off right or at night and express gratitude for the day’s blessings. Pray in silent or out loud. Pray for strength, courage, hope or just to hold on one more day. Pray for those around you. Pray to be the Savior’s helper. Do as He did. Just make this a habit and you will definitely light your faith.
- Read the Good Word of God – Try to read something out of the Good Book each day. I think you will be amazed at what this can do for you. Even if it is only one verse of scripture, it will make you feel better because you did something good for yourself. Look at it this way, if you read your scriptures of just 15 minutes each day, that is only 1% of your entire 24 hours! Can you spare just 1% of your time to do something that will turn your day around?
- Forgive – There is such great power when you truly forgive someone. I have an incredible story of forgiveness that changed anger to love and a strained relationship to closeness again. I felt 100 times lighter! I felt free and as though a very heavy burden had been lifted. Someone once said that not forgiving someone is like drinking poison and hoping the other guy dies. Do it for them, but most of all, do it for YOURSELF!
- Write down one thing at the end of the day that inspired you. It may be someone’s kindness. It could be a speech you heard or a teacher’s lesson. It could be as simple as a sunrise or sunset. Just take a good look around you and notice the good.
- Gratitude – Keep a gratitude journal. It doesn’t have to take a lot of time. Just write down 3 things each day. (Try not to do any repeats from the days before.) You may be surprised at the number of things you can come up with. Something that comes up when people ask me to name something(s) I’m thankful for is INDOOR PLUMBING!! Seriously! I would have made a lousy pioneer! One of my mantras is that gratitude is the antithesis of depression. Try it! You may be surprised at the result.
Well, this is it! The last week of the month (give or take a few days). So. . .
How will you Light Your Faith?
Follow Your Heart. . .
Have a great week as you get inspired and improve your spiritual balance. Again, please share what you are doing on our Facebook page or in the comments below.
Cookies & Milk for Everyone!
P.S. If you missed out on any of the previous week’s challenges, check out our suggestions for Lighting the World, Lighting Your Community, or Lighting Your Family.